Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Lyuns and Woofs and Bayrs, oh poop!


And thus we have come to the end of Psalm 119.  And how does the Psalmist tie it all together?  What is the conclusion of this guy's thousand verses of meditation upon the Word and Law of God?

Desperation.

"Let my cry come before you, O Yahweh;
give me understanding according to your word.
Let my plea come before you;
Deliver me according to your word.
Let my lips pour out praise,
because you teach me your statutes.
Let my tongue sing of your word,
because all your commands are right.
Let your hand be my help,
because I have chosen your precepts.
I long for your salvation, O Yahweh,
and your law is my delight.
Let my soul live that it may praise you,
and let your ordinances help me.
I have wandered like a lost sheep; seek your servant,
because I do not forget your commands."


The author knows that no matter how much he studies, no matter how much he loves this law of God's, no matter how much he wants to honor him, he, like Paul in Romans 7 is forced to cry out, "Oh wretched man am i!  Who will save me from this body of death?"

And that is also why this fellow loves the law of God, because it is clear when one reads it, we cannot do it and God knew that, knows that and has a plan.  A good plan.  A plan for mercy through sacrifice. Not of lambs!  Relax little lost sheep.  God himself will stand in your place.  God himself will keep God's law.  God himself will find you and wash you and bind your wounds and keep you and guide you, carry you lovingly home to be with him forever.  God is your savior, your inheritance and your refuge!  Praise Yahweh, Praise Yeshua!  Glory to the Spirit of God who gives Glory to the Son who gives Glory to the Father!

It.  Is.  Finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment