It is also a fricken coop tradition to let analogies spin off into a bizarre life of their own until they finally mutate into staggeringly irrelevant stories. For those of you suddenly finding yourselves in a freak barrage of coconuts, that is known as a "Voorlooper." We grow those here at the coop.
So, on an equally freakishly mild and beautiful Thanksgiving morn here in the Pennslobovian Archipelago, let's help Pappy chuck some nuts:
- i's thankeefull for this freakishly mild and beautiful morning.
- and that i am not standing in a near freezing river in New Yawk with the Duke of Fluke, with aching hands trying to catch a fish that won't bite while the sky makes up its mind whether to rain, freeze the rain or snow on me and finally decides on all three. Happy hunting, Duke.
- i's thankful that despite nearly being a hostile, irritable fourteenager, i can still have a conversation with my son Happ.
- i's tankful for the talents i see's in ma boys.
- i's tankful for the talents finally being recog-i-nized in my wife. Always knew she'd succeed. Now if she'd just make enough so's i could retire...
- i's mighty thankyfull for sweet potato pie. yum.
- i's tankfool for Morgan. Cute lil' plumpkin.
- i's thankful that i finally have a callin'. Now if i could jest hear better.
Hang on, there's one more and it's a doozie.
- I, Pappy Fricken, am most thankfully thankful that a couple o' thursday's ago, we finally finished the bedrooms in the addition i been building for nigh on eight years and can finally, after a lifetime of makin' do, can move into spaces created just for us. Foretaste o' heaven is what it is and it tastes like sweet potato pie. Mmmm. That's good stuff.
- Lil bit of spin-off a that last 'un, i might get a Lego lab out of the old cave we vacated. Maybe i'll call it the ArchipeLego.
Y'all have a good 'un too.